Monday, January 14, 2013

My bittersweet beach

The beach grass grows in tufts
stuck deep within the sand
around the water pool it clings
bedding down as far as it can
it's quiet here in the jetty
a limpid pool does play
I walk up further down the beach
quite far beyond the bay...
I like the excitement of the surf
as it beats upon the shore
it echoes in your ears each time
as it rushes in once more
I walk upon the weathered rocks
their green beard floating out to sea
and coming back to the barnacles
to greet each one... and me
I bide awhile here at the beach
picking up driftwood as I walk along
listening to the sound of the sea
sing its enchanting water song
I dream I am the sea queen
and guard my bittersweet beach
a place for one where once was two
and all's within my reach

03301977

No comments:

Post a Comment