Friday, March 17, 2017

Aphids

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

I've been warring with aphids the last few days. How dare they enter my spaced and try to destroy my plants. I realize I feel very protective of my patio and have tried to create a space that is relaxing and joyful, that is a sense of comfort and relaxation.

A space where I can think, read and write, and express my inner thoughts. It is almost a sacred space to me, this little cemented covered space that is my own in the out-of-doors. Sometimes I am out here early to hear the birds call and see the morning come, and sometimes well into the night, reluctant to abandon it and go inside.

It is a space I can release my creative thoughts and allow new ideas to enter. It is my favorite part of my new home. I've come to realize it is passionately important to me.

I am like a mother with here plants, admiring their beauty when they bloom, encouraging each new growth, being proud of their stamina through winds and rain storms, doctoring their ills and feeding their physical selves, and celebrating their differences.

And we have welcome friends, such as the hummingbirds and bees which gain sustenance from them, but a horde of aphids? Definitely not welcome. Leave my garden be....

05251996

No comments:

Post a Comment