Saturday, December 2, 2017

Sunshine on snow

The sky is so beautifully clear today Mr. Sun is out bright and shiny for the first time in at least a week. To be in the moment is to appreciate and embrace the experience and the gift of life. Right now it feels like God is smiling and the world is in a state of joy. Everything the sunlight touches glistens and the air is filled with Birdsong as if they are extolling God's praises and their gratitude.

The squirrels came early for breakfast, anxious to begin their day and the neighbors are off, I presume for an early trip to town. They've seemed to be suffering a bit from cabin fever of late. If it had been this nice yesterday I would have lingered longer in town.

The squirrels, I notice, have completely broken the bird feeder on the front tree and the seed is now scattered all over the ground below. They are joined in the foraging by the quail and bluebirds, all trying to get the greatest share.

Today is dedicated to catch-up, on settling some problems, housework, and email, as well as word-processing documents I am working on. I did take time to phone visit with both my daughters. My cousin is complaining he hasn't had any email from me of late. I guess dedicating so much time, due to the necessity, to snow shoveling does take time away from other things, but priorities take precedent

More rain is predicted for tomorrow, which may mean more snow here. So for tonight the sky is clear and the stars stand out like a tray of diamonds against a background of black velvet. Outback the lights from the houses on the hill shine like a double moon or beacons guiding an airplane on to a landing strip at midnight. Of the moon itself there is no sign. The houses themselves cannot be seen but you know their location by the lighted shapes of windows and doors hanging in space.

It is quite serene tonight. The hoot owl is silent and no coyotes have been heard in the near vicinity for weeks. It is comforting to sit in the rocker on the deck, bundled against the cold and just be. Not concentrating, but a part of all that is around me and at one with the universe and with God.

I appreciate each day, the gifts each one holds, God's guidance in leading me here, and the journey this life has taken me on. Amen!

12021989

No comments:

Post a Comment