Monday, December 11, 2017

Another original day

Everything is white in all directions, a kind of monochrome morning; mountains, trees, homes, and sky, as the new day comes slowly to life. I get new pictures of the same view previously photographed. Just as each day is an original so is each picture.

I've cleared the decks early as the squirrels and birds have already come to call, awaiting their meal of fruit and nuts. They don't run off but wait impatiently, trusting that I will provide for their hunger needs. I have become a constant in their world and to them, I serve a purpose thus am accepted as a necessity.

It is another day for shoveling but the snow is light, almost airy and damp without clinging and it goes faster and easier than usual. There are only two of us clearing our space this morning and we exchange greetings, comments, and encouragement as the work progresses as well as the day. I am satisfied with what I have accomplished although I acknowledge my belief that this is not the last before the winter is over.

I never try to anticipate what tomorrow will bring but wait instead to see what unfolds. The day is enjoyably warm, no need for many layers of clothing, and I am able to drive myself into the village and marvel at what a good job of clearing the plows did on the roads. The mail wasn't worth retrieving, just an ad, but the drive was exhilarating and the stop at the wee market to get some fresh bread and exchange pleasantries.

I spent the afternoon at the computer working on my pictures and greeting cards. Blank paper comes to life as a new winter scene, thanks to technology, prints itself onto the grain and trees, mountain cabins, snow, become more than a photo but a representation of God's country ready to mail, complete with envelope.

It is been a productive day and makes me eager to capture more of our village on film, to explore and discover new visions and grasp the essence, not just the scene but also the spirit, peace, as well as the beauty of this winter season. Blue shadows against white snow, crisp ice you can almost breathe in. I love to look through the lens and then discover own the life in the development.

12031991

No comments:

Post a Comment