Sunday, December 3, 2017

What a beautiful day

What a glorious day it is today. No sign of any rain appears but instead unexpected warmth that allows me to shed my extra clothing and appreciate this special gift from God. It is not so hot that it melts the hill of snow so it is like having the best of two worlds at once. The squirrels are in the mood to play and arrive very early for their breakfast and games of tag.

Much time is dedicated to catching up on my computer work but I take frequent breaks outside to enjoy the wonder and the warmth. My cousin has invited me to travel with him to Italy, France, and Brussels, a very appealing offer indeed.

In the afternoon I make my mail run and take advantage of the wonderful weather and take the high roads and drive up the hills to capture the wonderful views, to see winter from a birds eye view. I brought my camera along in the hopes of collecting more pictures but unfortunately a UPS truck was tailing me and I found not one area where I could pull off. I will try again the first opportunity I get.

I am, as always, fascinated with the ever-changing scenery, the terrain, sky, and the beauty of God's country. No two days are ever alike but there is always a sense of being in a spiritual environment. I almost feel the spirit of the Chumash Indians who inhabited this area and would like to study further the special relationship they had with all living things and with the powers that govern the universe and all that is.

In the early evening great billowing clouds come over the mountains resembling fields of cotton opened to the sun, begging to be picked, areas highlighted as if God Himself had spotlighted them. Soon there was an avalanche of fog, heavy clouds, creeping quickly down the mountains as if an invasion were taking place by a force of nature that could be seen but not touched.

By nightfall the air again holds a bone numbing chill urging the necessity to again find warmer wear. The clouds have gone elsewhere and the stars have made their appearance. Tomorrow will be another God-given surprise to be revealed and I will create it with joy.

12121992

No comments:

Post a Comment