Monday, April 1, 2013

Done alone

This is the test of my love
...I know
this forced absence from you
When you told me...
you wanted to try separateness
I had one terrible moment of panic
suppose I can't face it?
I'm sure it must have
registered on my face
then I thought that would
ruin me in your eyes....
this lack of strength without you
so I quickly covered it up
but... supposed I can't?
I remember nothing before you
it's as if you always existed
... in my life
It didn't start until you...
We looked at each other
and I attempted a smile
... half hearted
breathing was even difficult
and I realized each intake
each expelling of air
I needed to hold myself together
until I could be alone
... and then the tears ...
then they could come
It's terrible to see someone
... suffering so
and to be able to do nothing
so it must be done
when you're alone...alone...alone

00000088

No comments:

Post a Comment