Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Quiet Sunday

It's an overcast Sunday and looks like another storm is moving in it's an overcast Sunday looks like another storm is moving in. The clouds are heavy, hanging in the continuous, unbroken landscape overhead. The phone is out of order but I am able to drive into town and purchase a calling card, as I know my daughter Wisconsin will be worried. I was supposed to call or two days ago but due to circumstances beyond my control, I haven't been able to.

I do not mind being homebound as I have much here to do. I enjoy the ever-changing days. The trees are back to being green sentinels, having shed their coats of snow. More of my bushes are emerging day by day. I even uncovered one of my rockers on the front deck and enjoy my break time outdoors watching the many squirrels and birds that come to call. I haven't seen any rabbits since the first snowfall.

One or another of my cats has to come and lay on or as near to my books as they can while I am writing. I always have to nudge someone over or give a little stroker to with my other hand while logging my observations and experiences as well as feelings into my journal. Right now it's Mother Boots clamoring for attention. Crum is in the window keeping an eye on the squirrel on the front deck while Lil Bit gives himself a tongue bath on the couch. They've adjusted well to their new environment and the added attraction of our daily visitors gives them much to look forward to as well as great amusement. When they are bored a chase each other around the house or Bitsy requests a game of fetch.

Life here in God's country is never dull or lacking in a "need to do"as well as a continuous peacefulness. I had to move my clay pots as they were beginning to disintegrate in the dampness and I spend time outdoors "just being" and marveling at the gift of such beauty.

The quail have not made an appearance today. The one squirrel still chases off the birds that come to feed on the ground. I will have to purchase more birdfeeders to hang in the trees and refill the feeders that have become recently empty. I'm enjoying solitude in my magnificent view. Chili's on the menu tonight as it befits the weather and my palate. There's nothing like a quiet Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment