Thursday, October 12, 2017

A sunny day in the snow

The sun is out bright and beautiful today. The rain never came and the clouds have moved on. The phone too is in miraculous working order again. In the meantime, I found I could use my computer line if I needed to call out.

The birds are full of song today as if in appreciation of the warmth and the beauty around them. Some sitting on the very crest of the trees singing praises to God. Looking at the designs left in the snow as it melts is almost like looking at cloud formations and the unique patterns they make. I took a picture of an angel cloud at one time. Now I see what looks like a set of giant footprints, side-by-side, the heal and center region very clear as well as the toes. Amazing! More craters are forming in the snow, with the asphalt from my driveway showing through, and the rocks for my flower beds have begun to appear.

No more items temporarily frozen to the outdoor tables and not a need of a jacket or heavy boots today. I will be able to make a run to the dump in the post office without a problem and to get a registration sticker for my car. Possibly I even pick up that extra birdfeeder I was thinking about. I'm thinking of trying my hand at making some for houses for my feathered neighbors. I can even do some individual decorating for the inhabitants.

For exercise, today I cleared the snow from my lower decks with the aid of my new flat shovel. I did what I could to the stairs leading down to the back of the house but the ice dripping down from the roof has hardened a great deal so I'm only able to do the edges. If the sunshine continues tomorrow I will pursue the steps again. My shoulders and back limit how much I can achieve but I am proud to be the only woman on the block who does this much and I am the oldest as well.

I am grateful to be independent, to live in awareness and appreciation and to truly listen to my inner spirit. To seek always to be the authentic self I was created to be and to encourage others to grow in spirit. To be willing to truly listen, see, and to take time to just be at one with the universe and with God and to be grateful for each day as it comes.

09301992

No comments:

Post a Comment