Saturday, October 14, 2017

All Is White Again

It's a Currier and Ives morning of sky and ground. A one color world and snow still falling in soft and steady flakes have obviously been at it for hours. The areas that were cleared due to self and sun are almost invisible now, only a faint outline of depth, which will soon be gone, still shows. That should last but a few minutes more. The trees again don their coats of snow so that they too may join in the endless whiteness where you recognize by shape or form and not by color. My little tree that just recently has sprung back from touching the ground is again being burdened to lower itself flake by flake and is bent again in the effort. I should've covered my outdoor rocker last night while I had the chance!

The birds are here collecting what seeds they can, but Pesky the squirrel, as yet, has not appeared, although I am sure he eventually will. Oops, there is now and I hadn't put out his feeder yet on the snow-laden table although I had already filled it. I was too mesmerized by the beauty around me. I put it out knowing that he would soon return. The cats are looking out the window in anticipation of greeting him again. One, of course, is busy trying to sit on my journal as I write. It is a ballet of wills and movement.

I left a plate of seed on the front lower deck for the squirrels and the birds out front. If I get a ride into town I will seek out the birdfeeder I've had my eye on and get it hung as the flat dishes fill with snow and the seeds soon freeze.

The sound but not the sight of an airplane passing overhead fills the silence, briefly. About 4 inches of snow has fallen thus far. I wonder if again I will be up to my knees in snow. The plow has just come by to clear the road and push more of what is gathered onto the berm. It will be a frequent action needed, I believe, from the steady continuous fall of the flakes, which has increased in intensity. It hangs like a living vapor distorting my view what is beyond my immediate vision. It will be a good day to finish my film and to work on creating and doing indoor things although I know I will give in to the lure of the snow and periodically visit the white wonderland outside my door.

11021992

No comments:

Post a Comment