Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Parting

I remember when we parted
me with my tears,
more than broken-hearted
I'd loved you for years.
It's been quite a while
since I've tasted your kiss
or watched your eyes smile
and basked in their bliss.

I had known it was ending
from so many a small sign
but it had just been beginning
your love and mine.
My life is now shattered
but my love doesn't die
so what has it mattered
that your love was a lie?

Your face comes before me
and your voice to my ear
brings back visions I still see
of memories so dear.
Others seemed to know
of us much too well
I think it is so
you just had to tell.

We furtively met
when all quit our leave
how easily you forget
and cause me to greave.
If in the future I should meet you
after some years
should I pretend I never knew,
you, the cause of my tears?

08241976

No comments:

Post a Comment