Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Locked up world

We tear down our bridges
and build up walls instead
lock up our doors and gates...
and hearts... filled with lead
We take love and seal it...
away... in a room somewhere
and know how to care... only
for friends and children... there
is no love anymore to share
with the millions of others
who need it so much...
no one can penetrate our
locked up world... no touch
of another is welcomed... I
am a rock... hard and solid
we say... I will not cry...
or be vulnerable... but
of all the commodities we
could have... love is the only
one lost when kept... when freely
given it increases and grows
but locked in our hearts
we bemoan our woes...
never giving to those who need
never filling the need we...
have ourselves.... by allowing
them to give... here I'm empty
give me love... and I'll return
that love to you... I do not
have so many friends I can turn
one away... I do not have so
much love I can let one micron
of it go... I love to love... I know

0000116

No comments:

Post a Comment