Saturday, September 7, 2013

Jeanne's Poem

My friend
who did wait
as I kicked and screamed
and cursed my fate

Who did comfort me
as only a friend can
when I went through hell
from... my... man

Who came with me
when I cried
sitting out over the oceanside
wishing somehow I had died

And now love has
captured your heart too
how can I help ease the pain
of what I've already been through?

Life is a fickle,
friendless foe
who strikes your freedom
down with an arrow's blow

But tell me friend
would we really know
if this were true love
if we didn't have to struggle so?

How would we be able
to compare
with the other feelings
we've experienced somewhere?

For sorrow and love
go side by side
like the ebb and flow
of the sea's tide

And I see you standing
at my mourning wall
protesting love's...
bitter gall

I wish you better
luck than me
life cannot always be
a loveless tragedy

For I would take what security
I have and give it all
for one sweet blissful
... lover's call

Far better the struggle
the cursing and crying
then to sit stony....
something dying

For when love
finally set me free
it left my lover's
heart in me

And I cannot forget
not even with another
he will always be
my absent... only lover

I hope you never
become dead like...
me.... living out
your mortality

Savor it.... enjoy it
the good and the bad
sometimes when they're gone
that's all that you've had

And I'd go back in a moment
to all the tragedy
to spend just one more time
in his company...


00000113

No comments:

Post a Comment