Thursday, February 1, 2018

Blessings and Home Work

Today I blessed my home with Holy Water, Prayers, and a smudge stick, inside and out, as well as in the mudroom. Having dead birds on the decks and another rat in the wood bin bothers me with its negative energy. I invited God and the Angels to dwell here in peace with me.

I also worked on my rock trellising. I found several boulders on the vacant lot next door but I was unable to dislodge them or lift them. I did gather some smaller ones and added them to the line I have started. A little cement would probably not hurt either. I brought a good-sized boulder up from the back yard to add to the rock wall I am creating. If I added just one a day, in a month I would have put up 30 boulders which could make quite a difference, so that will be my goal.

I plan to continue to add more roses and maybe more carnations as well and to start the walkway up the hill. I need to build a frame of 2X4s for the walkway and I will need a layer of small rocks as a topping so the steps will not be slippery. In the meantime, I need to investigate more about how to do this. I try to picture it in my mind, I am good at visualization from my years of artwork but know-how helps.

I get my love of gardening from my father, watching him shape and prune, and the plants thriving in an abundance of blooms with his guidance and care. I still have to find which are the best plants to grow up here, so far I know roses survive, citrus and avocado trees don't. I know that blueberries should because they grow back east and in Canada and that Wisteria and Lilacs do every well. I don't know where I put my Tulip bulbs and I need to locate and plant them soon or wait until fall.

I want to make a level spot for the barrel on the hill, right now it is taking up a good deal of space on my lower deck. I want to removed the bottom legs from the coat rack and plant it on the hill as well so I can hang plants and bird feeders from it. It would make an interesting conversation piece and there is not room for it in the house.

The railing for the stairway still hasn't been delivered or installed and I have no idea when the handyman will bring it. The pace of getting things done up here is amazing in its slowness but I hope it is soon. Then soon it will be time for deck work but I will wait until closer to summer. I'm still thinking of staining it first and then putting on a protective layer to preserve the wood. The winter snow dried it out a lot and I'm not sure that it has ever been treated before. Of necessity I will be doing a lot of the work myself. My other goal is to get more family pictures framed and hung to put valances in the living room rear windows. Progress may be slow but it is taking place.

03191992

No comments:

Post a Comment