Friday, February 23, 2018

To lift those clouds

Today, I postponed my work on the hill and planting to rest and go to town with friends. We visited another nursery with beautiful blooming roses and I encouraged my friend to add one to her purchases, instead, she added two, as she could choose between them: majestic white and glorious orange, as well as healthy lavender. I saw large wisteria and a lilac that would, either one, look lovely climbing up the side of the deck, the first I must prepare the flower bed by enclosing it in rocks, for which I bought a bag of cement, and then break up the hard dirt and add mulch in planning mix. If it is meant to be, the right one will still be there when I return. I must remember the proper preparation always comes first; the rest is in God's hands.

I found a cookie jar for my daughter's kitchen. She needs little surprises to let her know she is loved, even though she's across the country. The ties that bind are strong and reach far. Little things can and do mean so much.

My friend here is still suffering from depression, as is my daughter, one over finances and one over hair loss. Things will work out for both of them but when you are in the dark night of the soul it is hard to see the sun's rays breaking through. The clouds seem thick and dense and almost enshroud us until we learn to really see. Then we find they are but a mist that can be blown away by the breeze or lifted by the warmth of the sun. So too can we be lifted up when we allow God's light to shine through and help us look with greater clarity and less fear.

Sometimes what we experience are but life's little lessons to strengthen us and to prepare us, like a flower bed, for the beauty that will come into our lives and grow and prosper, that will blossom profusely and bring joy not only to us but all who behold the radiance of God's work fulfilled.

There is a time for all things under the sun God reminds us inpatients and faith are but a few of the lessons we learn.

05261962

No comments:

Post a Comment