Saturday, February 3, 2018

Ups and downs

The owner of the antique shop called, they've agreed to carrying my card line and will gladly accept the note cards too if they have the same sort of pictures, I assured them they do. The one problem I see is they upped the price to $4.95 each so that they could take a profit of $2.00 per card which is more than 60%. They had originally told me the consignment was 10%, but either they have great faith in the sales or are suffering from greed or need.

I stopped to deliver the cards when I went to the post office, which is when I discovered the change in price although they are nicely displayed at the front counter. I'll leave it in God's hands but will visit some of the other shops, like the flower shop and candy store, as well as the hardware store, and see if they will carry them as well at a more reasonable price. I also want to put out an ad for my graphics and post it in the post office and wherever else they will allow. I also need to get my business cards redone with my correct address and phone number. It is on one of my discs, I just need to locate it.

I enjoyed making more little notecards. I lose myself when I am editing my pictures, highlighting the colors are bringing windows out of the shadows, removing unwanted cable and phone lines and making other small changes and seeing the finished product.

It was a necessity to spend time on the phone with the phone company as months after I returned a phone they sent I am still being charged for it even though I had canceled the order before they even put it in the mail and they claim they could not find any order for. Then I had to call the credit union to straighten out another problem. The third irritation on my list, the asphalt that sunk into the snow over the newly placed septic tank, had to wait as the person I needed to speak with wasn't in. It seems I almost have to take myself out of the state of peace and grace in order to deal with these people and even my journaling becomes stilted and more about facts than feeling.

I'm sure I can build the wood planters, add a framework for trellises and maybe even build a bench to sit on. I walk around the driveway area under a large oak and picture where I would put each planter, the doorway, and the rock planter I would like to build next to the stairway. That will come to life as well. The back area toward the forest I would leave open and I would put out lots of pots of different heights and shapes with a multitude of flowers in every color you could imagine. The beauty of nature is something I meditate upon.

04011996

No comments:

Post a Comment