Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Seeing God's country

The kitties woke me up early after staying up late last night, but I let my friend sleep in, even though she asked me to wake her when I got up. It's too early for most people. She got up at eight thinking she had slept until noon, as it is so bright here in the mornings and I had to laugh. For one thing, there is no smog or too close houses to keep the light out and I have an abundance of windows to let it in.

It was time for coffee, breakfast rolls, and a relaxing morning before we again hit the road so she can see more of the beauty where I am blessed to live. She said she doesn't want to leave and is checking out the houses with for-sale signs. I doubt that she makes the move though as she is very dependent on friends where she lives and not as adventuresome as she once was. Fear and believing that you are handicapped can do that to a person.

I saw the possibility of many boulders I can return to later to gather and new ideas for terracing the hill. She wanted to return to the forest cul-de-sac of yesterday to again see the towering giant sequoias and the snow, to just walk around and pretend she is in her beloved Yosemite. Now, she realizes she doesn't have to drive that far to find the serenity of nature.

There are two houses, in particular, she took a liking to. One may be going up for sale but has not, as yet, been listed, although I have heard the person who owns it is moving in the near future and it is a sweet house with three bedrooms and a large deck out back. It sits on a corner lot with its own backyard forest.

I took my friend back to our little village center where she could visit the antique store and hardware stores, which are now open. I found a lovely Angel to add to my collection and my friend found several things she liked but in the habit of being dependent on credit cards for purchases, she found they are not accepted here. She did not bring cash or her checkbook so went home empty-handed of purchases but in the possession of the gifts I had for. She especially liked the sitting Angel I bought to sit on her fireplace mantel. I told her to come back soon and that she is always welcome as she departed for home. I am blessed to have such a dear friend.

04131990

No comments:

Post a Comment