Wednesday, February 28, 2018

End of February

The moon lit up the sky last night and there proved to be no storm forthcoming. The stars glittered and winked as if sharing a small joke with me and I smiled in return. Today has arrived with clear deep blue skies, a lack of clouds and grateful birds chattering and singing their own joy.

I caught the squirrels raiding not only the birdfeeder on the front deck but the one hanging in the trees as well. Formerly they left this one alone but once they learn how to grab and tilt one none of the rest are safe, except the feeder hanging from the eaves that they haven't been able to breach.

It's hard to believe this is the end of February already. I have been so busy keeping winter at bay shoveling, feeding the hungry birds and squirrels, and working at my cards, it is come and gone with the winter roar and yet barely a whisper. Tomorrow we will see March in; will it start like a lion or lamb?

I sorted through my many packets of pictures and put them in albums as well as sent some off to friends and family. I need to get back to my genealogy and organize my many emails and pictures I have received.

I am anxious to get my hall painted before the railing goes in and I need to get to town for some supplies, especially the spackle to fill in the holes and some sandpaper. I need a new paintbrush and pan as those were lost in one of the snow storms and are now located in the forest and will be found when the snow melts enough. If I get some more plastic bins I can empty the dresser and the garment boxes that are standing in my bedroom taking up valuable space. My mind his as active as a beehive wanting to accomplish several things at once. I will begin with the stairs.

Evening has come and my friend made it through surgery. Now he is considering refusing the one that will require hospitalization for five days all because of his nicotine addiction and also that he is worried about money. He hasn't done anything to help with the situation. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and hope he sees the light.

02281993

No comments:

Post a Comment