Friday, January 26, 2018

Me, my friend and prospectives

Today I went with my camera driving and climbing with a friend. Not the slow pace that I usually go at but I did record, in my memory bank, places to revisit and photograph. We also went up to Mount Pinos where there is a more abundant amount of snow but there were lots of cars, kids, and snow bunnies covering the hills, as well as standing in the streets, it was hard to get may pictures as I am trying to capture the pristine beauty of nature, at this point, and not the tremendous activity of mankind spoiling it. It was a good day never the less and we both felt buoyed up after our exploration.

We stopped to let her black lab romp in the snow. As with most labs, she is very, very, hyper and knocked her owner down and then tried to drag her up the hill. All the while smiling in her playful doggy way. Luckily for my friend, she was able to regain her feet and convince her pet they were not going to climb the mountain. A family with small children arrived, running across the highway without looking, and we had to quickly hurry the lab away and into the car as she is not used to children and we didn't want to take any chances. She can be terribly hard to control and never seems to tire but certainly wears one out just being around her. She is wild about snow and even in the car will wildly go from side to side bouncing on anything in her path as if saying "its snow, its snow, its snow!" At this point, my friend and I both need to relax and unwind with a hot cup of tea.

It is an evening to be in touch with my friends and family. Friends called as well as three out of my four of my children and, as usual, it is wonderful to hear their voices, their news, and to share our adventures.

I delivered some of my greeting cards to the little gift store in town and am now waiting to hear from the owner. It is in God's hands but I am proud of myself for finally broaching the subject and for taking them in at all. I am not secure about selling myself and must learn to conquer this shyness in order to be successful in my graphics. I must also update my business cards and make some advertisements.

What do I want to concentrate on? I am excited with the thought of creating postcards. Many requests have been made to those who work in the village but there are not available up here. I am grateful for the suggestion and for being singled out to remedy the situation. I also thought I could mat and frame a few pictures for the store. I have heard that there is a lilac festival and I should rent a table. It's the big thing up here. Then I should like to paint some pictures from the photographs I am taking and get back to my angels as well. I started that series of pictures some time ago and have not finished the full series I want to create. One step at a time will get me to my destination and my goals.

03121990


No comments:

Post a Comment