Monday, January 22, 2018

Unexpected change

The mountains this morning are covered with low hazy clouds moving in and a cold biting wind is blowing. It looks as if another storm is attempting to visit God's country and as if winter is reluctant to let go of her grasp. Pesky, the squirrel, ever the early riser, was at the back deck before six-thirty this morning seeking his breakfast. By then the birds in the forest had started their morning serenade and the big stellar Jay came caw-caw-cawing out front. Morning gets well announced the mountains.

A half-moon shines in the pale blue sky hanging like a slice of lemon as dawn lightens the clouds, the night recedes, and now only puffs of gray clouds remain over the mountains behind. A new day is opening to the world.

After an unexpected call, my plans for the day become altered and I ready myself for a trip into town instead of the continued exploration of Pine Mountain. The high point is to develop two more rolls of film and to have the evidence of what I saw through a small eyehole revealed onto photo paper. Some are too shadowed but have promise in Photoshop where separate areas can be lightened without bleaching out other areas that do not need it, a wonderful tool. Parts that do not enhance the picture and actually distract from it can be cropped out. I look at the photos with the discerning eye, they are works of art to be re-created after their development. I am anxious to play with them on the computer but will have to wait for now.

I find some wonderful rose plants on sale. I've started a rose garden with one small patch of my hill and these will join the three small dwarf roses I have already planted. I also found a Carnation in a beautiful shade of rose pink. I am told they would to well up here so I will add it to the landscape. I'm still debating the best way to terrace the hill and where to start. I need some materials to work with. I have rocks of course but everyone up here has rocks. Do I add bricks or railroad ties? I need to look through more do-it-yourself books because that is what I will be doing. I am the worker as well as the thinker and creator but for tonight I am grateful just to be home and to have time to relax and rest my body and mind.

03131989

No comments:

Post a Comment