Monday, January 8, 2018

Paint and pictures

It's a beautiful day before me. God's sun and warmth shine down upon me. As I look out my back window I watch the sky lighten and the mountains take on a more distinctive flavor. The dark shapes become trees and clearing, houses, and life beyond. The clouds clear to the smooth endless sky and the squirrels and birds begin to arrive in a natural activity brings breath to the quiet.

It is time to get back to work on transforming my space. Today, I will tackle the hall and create a clear white background with the paint is chipped in density pinkish beige, some might call Navajo white, now resides. Time to mask, paper and prepare my workspace. As my roller was lost to the winds and my paint trays in the snow out back. I only have brushed to work with but that will do nicely.

I feel such satisfaction is at work and a fresh coat of paint is like opening a window and letting in the light. When the snows are completely over I need to have the carpets cleaned and put a protective cover of clear plastic over the stairs as they take a terrible beating and are extremely hard to clean.

When I'm finished and all is dry, I rehang the family pictures. All is ready now for the stair rail to be installed and to hang more family faces to what I call my rogues gallery. I relax by working on the computer and have visions of creating one picture of the two brothers, my dad, and my uncle.

I'm being urged internally to have faith and take my pictures to town that have been transformed by the help of technology into greeting cards of the area and have captured a bit of its beauty. This first series is of course of the winter wonderland in God's country. Time to do more exploring while all the snow is still on the ground and see what other views I can collect on film.

I am sore but satisfied at evening's end and take a walk in the darkness for a new view. The house of many windows is lit up for display and above it hangs a full moon with a vapor trail of light crossing before it. I get my camera to capture it on film. I do not know how much will be exposed but that is part of the discovery. I also take a picture of my house, all lighted windows against the dark shapes of mountains, and the neighbors all say it is beautiful.

02191989

No comments:

Post a Comment