Saturday, January 27, 2018

Roaming the hills

I took a ride into town, mainly to get rid of the leavings from the rat's nest, ugh! I am grateful my friend Phil helped me clean out the wood box, which it had moved into and was preparing for its upcoming family.

I keep washing my hands but still feel the need to reclean them when I handle anything in the vicinity of the rat. Needless to say, I hate rats and I'm not fond of snakes either. I'm proud of myself that I set the trap and disposed of the dead create and will rest it again, just in case.

On a pleasanter note, I found and brought home my first boulder. I have decided to terrace the hill with boulders for that is within my budget, free. I need to search them out and plant them like flowers on the hill. A lot of homes up here have rock walls. I will keep my eyes open for healthy prospects about that area that I am able to lift. The first one is in place in front of the new rose bushes and looks right fine there.

I also followed my whimsy up and down the roads and hills, finding new homes in forest settings, some still covered in snow, and getting more pictures for my collection. It was relaxing going at my own pace and stopping at will. The car heated up when I got home from all the climbing in low gear but recovered nicely within a few minutes.

There are marvelous homes set way back from the road with tall pines for a front yard and houses clinging to the side of a hill that is their front year if air can be a yard. Some are hidden behind a curve and like a miracle, or a mirage, come into view at a road's turn, like magic. Now you see it, now you don't only in reverse. There is so much more for me to explore and I would love to have family and friends just ramble with me and share my amazement and wonder.

I love to work in the garden and wonder what I can create here. I've never had a hill to work before. It is a new challenge, one I am anxious to see come to life. Somehow I want it to be magnificent, breathtaking, and peaceful, a tribute to Go for the gift of this home and my new life and experiences. I feel truly blessed.

Tomorrow I will bless this home. I will sprinkle Holy Water around it, burn the sage smudge stick and say a prayer and ask the angels to join me. I feel their presence. This is a place of healing, of peace, and of creativity. I ask God's guidance in all that I do.

03121990

No comments:

Post a Comment