Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Shopping for Anne

Morning dawns gently today as the sky is overcast. There is a far-off rumbling of thunder. I have portioned out and filled all the feeders; Pesky's on the back deck, Peeker's on the front, a bowlful on the lower deck for the wee Chipmunks, the one in the trees, emptied just yesterday by a greedy squirrel, as well as throwing a bowl's worth on top of the hill. One Blue Jay screams loudly for me to hurry and go inside so he can steal the peanuts before the squirrel comes. One big gray came scampering down the neighbor's tree and is feasting on the Hill, soon the many quail will be here as well.

I will load up on seed, suet and treats in town. I almost postponed my drive to Santa Clarita as the snow started coming down but the minute there was a break in the clouds and the road seemed clear I was off on a wing and a prayer, trusting in God to watch over me on my journey and get me safely home.

As usual, when I went to the baby store, looking for a little outfit for Anne for Easter, I went a little crazy and bought her all kinds of jumpers, hats, dresses and bows. It seems to fill something within me for the lack of being near enough to hold and cuddle her, watch her learn to lift her chest, roll over and discover her feet, sing her lullabies and get wet sloppy kisses. I also found some bunny ears that my daughter was searching for. I'm certain it is a prop for more pictures.

I bought yet another birdfeeder. There are so many birds that come and the squirrels dominate as many feeders as they can, stealing all the seed. It's a month's worth of shopping in one grand spree. I bought more cat, bird, and squirrel supplies than for myself. God will supply for my needs as He has blessed me in return many times.

One of my former coworkers called and during our phone visit I mentioned looking for another curio cabinet for my many Angels. She just got a new one and is going to give me her small one as a gift. I can only accommodate a small one as my cabin is small with lots of windows that take up much of the wall space but bring in the beauty of my surroundings inside better than a picture for it is in constant change. God's generosity and love have already been promised and I am grateful.

02131990

No comments:

Post a Comment