Friday, June 28, 2013

Seeing

If I had the foresight to see
all things as they would turn out to be
would I do it all over again
just as I have done?  I'm not so vain
to think I could plot it all out
so much better... and to do without
My Kids, they're what gives me a lift
No, I don't think knowing beforehand
would be much of a gift...
Then there wouldn't have been that special man
who taught me what love is all about
It was brief but oh, so special... I have no doubt
Even if there have been some tears
I'm sure in time they'll heal with the years
No I think I would do things just the same
not go and play a changing game
I don't think I would want to see ahead
In case I were tempted to do it different instead
God has given me vision enough to see
and be thankful for the gifts he gave to me...

00000197

No comments:

Post a Comment