Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Got my mail

I realize that I must commit to continued shoveling. Today will be day three of clearing what the blizzard brought. I thank God for the strength He is building in me and for the perseverance to keep going even during adversity and that He is always with me. I thank Him for the beauty of the environment around me and the privilege of being a part of it.

The shovel gang was out, the two neighbor men and me; we are always digging and moving the snow from the latest storm. The wonderful warmth causes me to shed my jacket very early and not long after my wool slip-on. I waited long enough before beginning so that I would not be in danger of falling on slick ice.

I am ever entranced by the sparkle in the snow and it reminds me of the day my granddaughter brought the magic deer food, which was mostly glitter, and how together we scattered it atop the hill and she was sure it would bring me deer for Christmas, reindeer of course.

This morning I found a foot long icicle hanging from my back deck light. I took a picture and hope it turns out as intriguing as the physical sight of it was upon discovery.

My neighbor gave me a ride to the post office as it has been days since either of us could go and of course, wee Betsy, my car, wouldn't make it on these icy roads. He took the scenic route up and back. Going home we climbed up higher and higher and were able to see most of the town below and houses perched on the very tips of the mountains. What a marvelous view they must have but what a challenge to get up there. Who plows those private roads?

Often times there was a single home with a solo view in all directions and for miles below, mainly roofs, treetops, the mountains below them, the curving roads, and above all the breathtaking beauty. The winds must hit with a tremendous force up there with nothing to block the onslaught and mists that however with the clouds could be isolating.

My gift of the heart today was several pictures of my new granddaughter. My favorite has a smile and a twinkle in her eyes that speaks of a mischievous nature. Her sweet smile and sleeping face in others steal my heart. I miss seeing her grow and holding her close. These photos are my lifeline to her and my daughter.

12232001

No comments:

Post a Comment