Saturday, November 4, 2017

Taking more pictures

As I look out the window the mountains are almost free of all snow as is the big oak outside my kitchen. The day holds a promise of more warmth and sunshine, which kindles a desire to explore the outdoors in greater depth.

The quail this morning are here in mass, some skiing down the hill, others running or taking a short flight to get to their destination. Gutsy, the squirrel is running in all directions trying to scare them away. The rabbit appears once again across the road and two stellar jays are on the wires overhead. It is a bedlam of activity and bird calls, mini-battles of the moment and some confusion. It is nature alive in the elements. The kitties are at the windows watching and Pesky is holding his own ground on the back deck and chasing the birds and other squirrels which are invading what he considers his territory.

It is liberating to take my own car to the village, although I deeply appreciate the kindness of friends who have driven me in the inclement weather. Both will soon be working so, weather permitting, I will be on my own. I came back up Zurmatt Street on the way home to get a different view. I had taken more pictures while in town, one of the village sign and the minimart and others of the lake and the golf course for my greeting card project. Later I went for walk up the hill admiring my neighborhood, gathering pictures, and getting a view of my own home from a different perspective, seeing my back deck and windows from another street and the houses I usually look down on from my deck, I now admired front side from their driveways.

On my way home I saw my neighbor shoveling the weekender house next door. I assumed, by the actions, the owners are coming to visit for the weekend and, certainly later, lights were on and children were making snow angels in the backyard yelling for their grandpa's attention and toting sleds of different colors.

My neighbor next to me has spent another day digging out his driveway after being away last weekend. He's been working at it for several days now. Today he was using a pickax to break up the ice and then shoveling it into a wheelbarrow, which shows that it is more difficult longer you delay, but we all need to get out of town at times. I believe we just need to weigh our options and make a conscious decision based on our priorities. My priority right now is enjoying the day and taking more pictures.

12281991

No comments:

Post a Comment