Friday, November 17, 2017

It's a clearer day

The most beautiful sight this morning was to see a clear sky and Mr. Moon. It may not last through the day but what a lighthearted greeting it is.

The second thing I did, from the necessity of warmth, was to replace the triple pair of socks I removed before going to bed so my feet could breathe. Now I will wait to see the wonders sunrise. Areas of mountain become highlighted by a pink glow as the sun begins his ascent. Then it lightens to crisp white and I am grateful for a new day in God's country.

The clearness reminds me of God's love on this special day and lightens my heart, if not my muscles, to the work ahead, to shovel and clear, as well as always think clear thoughts and know I am loved.

I give myself the goal of creating a path of five feet by five feet at a time and then take a break. I have moved a lot of snow, a shovelful at a time, and the piles on each side of the path I created doubled in height as I continued developing my way out. I ended at my car, clearing part of the hood, one tire, and part of the windshield, and only realize after a hard fall my right hip how slippery the ground beneath my feet had become. The sun was slipping down and no longer aiding in melting the residue of ice beneath the snow I removed. I would guess my new walkway, in the midst of four feet of snow, is approximately fifty feet long.

I took pictures from the deck above and from the front door to document the gift from the blizzard and my hard work. I understand we haven't had such a heavy snow since the 60s.

My neighbors next door were shoveling in tandem until the wife gave in and went inside and left him to toil alone. The neighbor down the road and across the way played music loud enough that all of us could work to the beat. I enjoyed some of the music, like Enya, better than others, such as the wailing sad country songs.

The neighbor's dog is disappointed he cannot take his usual walk and refuses to do his duty in the snow. I laugh at the promises of future green grass and a trip to town, lucky dog. It will be a while before I can take a road trip but my grandchildren may come for a few days play and romp in the mounds of snow and may even build their grandma a snowman in the yard.

01151992

No comments:

Post a Comment