Wednesday, November 8, 2017

We learn by lessons

When we believe that God gives us what we need, when we need it, we often overlook the fact that includes the lessons in life we need to grow in spirit as well as the many blessings He bestows in our lives. It is through hardships that we grow. Today I'm worried for a friend who is going through much difficulty. I've been unable to reach her but my prayers and God can, so I offer them up on Angel's wings that she knows she is not alone.

I continue to explore our beautiful village with camera at my side, driving new roads, today climbing ever higher that ended in a cul-de-sac and a magnificent view of the snow-covered mountain with stately pines reaching skyward toward heaven's gates and spreading their wide branches as if to encompass the horizon. I cannot stop for long as the roads are narrow and made more so by the snow burms on both sides. It would be a marvelous privilege to view even more from the privacy of the decks from houses clinging to the sides of the Hills. I can only imagine from the beauty I experience from my own decks and would love to see it from different perspectives.

I have many roads left to travel and many seasons yet to experience here. I look forward to it with a sense of excitement and anticipation but I concentrate on the now to see this beautiful place with fresh eyes each day, to live in the moment.

A wee bird was feasting in the birdfeeder on the upper deck. He seemed as curious about me as I was interested in observing him and not at all nervous or flighty. He allowed me to get up close and take his picture while he continued to pick apart and choose over the seed, throwing his rejects down for the Mickey Squirrels to find. The birds are accepting me in their same space more and more, as are the squirrels.

I spent the afternoon working on my greeting cards and the logo for the back. I finally settled on Pesky the squirrel on the deck. He seems a symbol of mine new life here in God's country, a closeness to nature, God's creatures, and that we share this home, me in the house in them in their own homes in trees and nests. I may have paperwork and make payments but they were here long before I came and they allow me to see into their lives when I am quiet and treat them with mutual respect, they are a part of my every day and I theirs.

12061989

No comments:

Post a Comment