Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Me and the moon

The moon and me are up early. It's not quite time for the moon to be in bed and the cats roused me early with their fighting. I marvel at the moon's perfection, in full radiance, and the shadows of landmasses or perhaps waters, outlined like an atlas on the surface, as he drifts in and out of the clouds, lighting them in gold wherever his luminance touches. There is a cold breeze blowing in the stars hang in the sky like brilliant polished white diamonds. All is peaceful and quiet and nothing seems to stir put me casting a solitary shadow on my front deck and admiring the light outline of snow below, and the trees which are nearly black against the horizon. Good morning God.

One by one a light comes on in the scattered houses in the hills around me causing gold lit window shapes to be seen fractionally through the trees and I know I am no longer the only early riser here on the mountaintop. Good morning world. I wonder if my neighbors share my fascination with the receding night and new breaking dawn.

The outline the houses slowly take shape as the sky, almost imperceptively, lightens in gradients. Inside my own place, I only hear the soft ticking of the clock. As the moon disappears from view and the sky lightens, the snow takes on a blue whiteness, ever brightening, and the mountains are seen in greater detail. Welcome to you, oh morning, the coming of a new day.

Now there are incoming dark gray clouds that the moon, as it recedes, plays peekaboo behind, and there is a touch of pink sky appearing behind the mountains. The air so cold you can only stand it for minutes at a time before retreating indoors to thaw out again. In a short while, the gray clouds move on and in their wake are mountains of green backlit by salmon-colored clouds in a light aqua sky.

Day is truly breaking; the birds have begun to sing in joy, the air is filled with the scent of a morning fireplace lit to warm the inhabitants of a nearby home and Pesky the squirrel will soon be here for his breakfast. It is time to put the feeder out, filled with goodies a squirrel and birds consider a banquet.

As the sky deepens to a darker hue, more clouds move in from the north and it seems a new snow storm may quickly be approaching and the temperature seems to have dropped even further. The birds are enjoying their morning seed and I will wait to see what the day holds, whether sun or snow, I will live it joy and conscious awareness, as well as gratitude. Thank you God for this day that is only beginning and for all that holds.

11291993

No comments:

Post a Comment