Tuesday, May 24, 2016

As spring comes

The snow is melting more every day. In some ways, it seems like the reverse, like the ground is growing. Sometimes there is just an inlet of white connecting two areas of snow with brown dirt, rocks, and plants becoming more exposed.

It is almost as if a rebirth. At night, from above, it almost looks like a map with oceans of snow against continents of land. Large land masses and smaller islands. My hill is part of my own little world, constantly changing, evolving, growing and developing as am I in this new area, and phase of my life.

I am starting a whole new chapter of my life and a new way of thinking. My work now is more mental and creative than physical. My exercise comes from the energy I put into my yard and home. God is in charge and He has brought me to this place for peace and a purpose.

I am learning new things each day, making new choices, seeing with new eyes, and always growing. I am not the same person I was a few years ago, and I feel the presence of the angels very near me. The expanse of sky has never been as clear or bright elsewhere.

The stars winking like diamonds speak of another world. Nature is part of all our lives in God's country. As evening progresses, the lights dim and go out in the houses around me, and it is just me and the night, and God.

The air is fresh and clean, without the heaviness of the City. There is a sound to silence, it is called serenity through God's grace. My fruit trees are beginning to bud, a sure sign that spring is on the way.

More and more bulbs are making their way to the surface and soon it should be a riot of color in the front flowerbed. My small pine tree has unearthed itself from the snow and seems to be taller than when winter began.

The igloo that my grandkids made in the yard caved in long ago and is slowly melting into the earth, and water runs down the hills in a fast moving stream during the day.

In the early morning when the air is still cold there can be a danger of ice. I am looking forward to seeing the diverse gardens here as spring turns into summer. I understand many others up here enjoy their gardens, and roses, poppies, tulips, and many other flowers. This connected to nature I don't blame them.

03012001

No comments:

Post a Comment