Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thanks for what I can do

Help me to pray, Oh Lord, for those who do not know how to pray, or don't take time to pray, for those in doubt of themselves or of your existence. Help me to live as an example to others and to trust in your guidance in all things.

Prayer and conversation with you are the most important cornerstones of my life. It is the beginning and ending of each day as well as many brief conversations along the way. I don't not pray for "things" but for others, for strength, wisdom, a loving heart, for advice and guidance and in thanksgiving.

To be grateful each day for your many blessings big and small. This is the most important thing we can do to create a life changing awareness in our life. Each and everything we experience can be examined for the blessing in it from an accident, that no one was injured, to the fresh fruit at the market that we take for granted but that is not available or affordable to many others.

For the ability to read and write when many are unschooled. There are so many things we take for granted that are true blessings in our lives. Things we forget to notice until we start listing them each day, and many still we do not see until we are deprived of them.

Help me to learn to have patience when I am now struggling with tasks that were once so easy and to be grateful that I can do them at all, no matter how slowly. For this too I am grateful.

05212000

No comments:

Post a Comment