Sunday, June 29, 2014

At peace with myself


My life is transient. It once housed a young child, a waif like creature with a Prince valiant haircut and dark intriguing eyes, and then temporarily after the death of this first occupant, a young lady who was a run away, leaving her tracks behind her like a delicate line on the sand.

She ran away and left a shell of self to me. I wonder if the me that I know now may someday make her exit too? For I too, though in my own way, am running, hoping to find a better mode of living. The shell of me has become untidy, housing too much clutter in my mind.

The shape of my life has been influenced by the trauma of growing up, my family, children, my conscience and its pressures, my heart and its desires. I have an obligation as a parent, citizen, friend, woman to share a part of myself. But I want, first of all in fact, as an end to these other desires – to be at peace with myself!

12021990

No comments:

Post a Comment