Thursday, December 25, 2014

Give thanks to God

Today is a day of thanksgiving and sharing of ourselves, our time, friendship, good food and the wonder of life. To be generous with others and have an open heart. I have many reasons to be grateful.

I am grateful for my closeness with my children no matter the miles that separate us and for the wonderful friends I have been blessed with. I am grateful for each day and to appreciate the beauty of the world around me.

There is no guarantee in the material, only the spiritual, and through faith can we find true happiness and greater purpose. God is what completes us.

Without Him it seems as if something is always lacking in our life. We may not be able to put a finger on it but we continually search for that which will make us whole, whether it be a person, recognition, right livelihood, adventure, abuses of alcohol, drugs, sex.

We keep trying to fill what only God can. I do not know where my path will lead me but I know that God is there guiding me each step of the way and I am at peace. I share my space with my cats, my flowers, the angels and most of all God and Our Blessed Mother.

The morning is peaceful. The hummingbirds are coming to feed. The flowers are all in bloom. The clouds are heavy with a prospect of rain. It is still except for the bird's soft greetings and a barely noticeable breeze. It seems like an expectancy is in the air and I am thankful for this day and all the blessings it holds, as yet unrevealed.

11251999

No comments:

Post a Comment